Rating: 9/10 We’re back on Dr Lecter for today’s Maniac Monday, with The Silence of the Lambs.
This is the first released and the most acclaimed of the Hannibal trilogy. Dr Lecter is imprisoned but cooperates with FBI agent Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster) while she tries to solve the case regarding another serial killer, “Buffalo Bill” (Ted Levine).
Since we all have probably heard much about this one, here some fun-facts you may not be aware of:
– Anthony Hopkins improvised the notorious slurping noise
– It was Hopkins’ idea to dress in white during the transfer to Baltimore scene: his fear of dentists inspired him to create a clinical and unsettling look
– This is the only horror movie to ever win the Oscar for Best Picture
– The Silence of The Lambs is one of only 3 films to win the top 5 honours at the Oscars (Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Adapted Screenplay). The other 2 are It Happened One Night and One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
– Sir Hopkins was on screen for just above 24 minutes: second shortest performance to be nominated for Best Actor, the first being Paul Gauguin in Lust for Life (1956) with just 8 minutes on screen
This is such a must see movie that if you still haven’t seen it, you should drop everything and press play right now. And then click down here and comment your thoughts under this post.
The Silence of The Lambs, directed by Jonathan Demme; screenplay by Ted Tally; based on the novel by the same name written by Thomas Harris.
May the corn popz for you.